Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Let's Sew Together!

This week I'm hosting a sewing camp for young ones 7-12 years old. We started Monday with a tour of the studio, safety, and sewing straight lines on paper and fabric.


Yesterday it was safety again, straight stitch practice, learning curves and a "real" project: drawstring bags. Though we didn't finish the bags, we got farther along than I had hoped. I've decided to come up with another small project just in case we have free time one afternoon. Any ideas? I'd love some help!




Today, Wednesday, we finished the drawstring bags after safety review and warmups on paper. To finish out the day, we did a small project that takes me about five minutes start to finish. The kids needed 20 minutes, but moms came as we were wrapping it up, so they rushed a little.




But there was still time for a silly picture!



3 comments:

Karen S said...

It is delightful to see young ones stitching away.
Small project suggestion - a pin cushion.

Mary Marcotte said...

I like that idea, Karen. It's going on my running list of possibilities. I'm seriously thinking of having another class this summer.

jenclair said...

Oh gosh. They are too cute!