Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: Kiddos

I really started out thinking about the sewing camp that I had last week, but honestly, it's almost impossible to find quilts that children have made. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms. Anyway, I did find more, yes more!, quilts specifically made for little ones. So let's go with that, okay?


Just for fun and because I generally begin with pictures of my inspiration idea, these are my own grandies. Well, the younger ones anyway.




Don't they inspire? Okay, then let's look at a few quilts for kids...
Baby Beluga Baby Quilt

Sparks Baby Quilt tutorial by Alissa Haight-Carlton from Handmade by Alissa. This is such a modern baby quilt!

Fresh Dew Drops: June - 12 minis in 12 months 2018 - Mini Charm Fun with Nest

Scattered Squares Pillow « Moda Bake Shop

Modern patchwork quilt with fairies | hand quilted girl lap quilt in pink | handmade baby quilt | fairy fabric | girl crib quilt


And lastly, quirky monsters seem to be all the rage, so here are a few.
Monster quilt made by kids in our local 4-H club

promised Jack I would make him a quilt like this...

HappyQuilts WildThings 10 Happy Quilts for Kids

craft patterns. quilts, quilt, redwork, applique, cats, Cleo And Me Patterns

Silly Goose Quilts: more flaming monsters

Chases Monster quilt


2 comments:

Karen S said...

Lovely to see your grandies and a lovely selection of quilts.

Mary Marcotte said...

Thanks Karen. Our grandies are a healthy mess, but they are even more fun!