Thursday, November 18, 2010

Purse Idea Outcome

A couple of days ago I had the idea to take apart my purse and use it to make a new purse.  I really thought it would be a good idea if for nothing else but to recycle some of the parts and to make a pattern.  I liked the purse for the most part, just not all the pockets.  Well, it worked.  I learned a few things just from taking the old purse apart and decided that the size and shape were the things I liked most about it.  So, I started there, took measurements and made a presentable pattern.  Then I started looking for a fabric of the same weight and hand as the fabric on the original. 

I found a beautiful fall-colored home dec fabric, added some canvas for stability, and picked out a pretty linen for the lining.  Because the home dec fabric was just the size I needed for the outside, I decided to use a beautiful silk dupioni as a trim.  I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow and snap a few photos while the gumbo simmers on the stove.  If all goes well, I'll be able to use it on Saturday when we go to the wedding in Beaumont.

No comments: