Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Purse Idea

Sitting in a moment of quiet today I had a great idea.  I noticed how dirty my cloth purse is getting.  It's really not washable, so since I love to recycle/upcycle items when possible, I was looking at what I could reuse.  It occurred to me that I like the purse size and shape.  There are too many pockets, and it is too floppy for me, but everything else is great.  Why not use the purse as a pattern?  Redesign it so there are fewer pockets and figure out a way to give it more body.  Then it will be close to perfect.  Of course, I'll make it in a color I like (it might be hard to choose) and add embellishments that won't add extra weight.  So, that's going to be my afternoon project--take apart the old purse, redesign the pieces, add interfacing to a good quality home dec fabric I love, and see how it goes. 

No comments: