Monday, November 15, 2010

Purses--big or small?

I tend to prefer medium-sized purses.  Something just big enough to hold most of what I think I need, but not so big that it will hold everything I can stuff into it.  Goodness knows, I start with good intentions, clean out the wallet, reduce the weight, dump out the hairclips, slips of paper and envelope lists.  But after only a day or two, I'm at it again.....drop this in, I'll put my hair up later; toss that in too, I'll have time to read while in the waiting room; extra change goes in; a grocery list; a card I want to give to someone; and on and on.  So, to reduce the clutter and weight, I wear smaller purses.  I figure that if it fits, it goes in.  If it can't go in, I'll have to figure out a better way to transport it or leave it behind.  Usually I leave it behind.  Rarely do I miss it.

Now I've run into a problem--every purse I see these days is huge, suitcase-sized.  Should I just give in to the trend and make big purses for my etsy?  Or, should I buck the trend, make medium and small purses and hope for the best?  I have a few very small purses that are going nowhere, so I won't be adding to that virtual rack.  But something that a couple of bricks would fit into is just the size for me, am I the only one?  What's your real purse size?  By that I mean what is the size you REALLY prefer?  Forget what's popular or trendy or passe'.  I want to know what size you'd buy if you found the perfect purse.   (We'll tackle pockets on another post....I am too ADHD to deal with more than one topic.)

No comments: