Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One About Me! Yea!

A special thank you to QuiltersGallery.com for their lovely article about ME!   It's nice to get a nod from others every once in a while, even if we don't do it for the kudos.   If interested, you can read the article here:

Some of the article is copied below, but to read the whole thing and see photos, you need to visit at QuiltingGallery.   


How did YOU get interested in quilting?
I've been a seamstress all my life.  I remember sticking my finger with the needle on my grandmother's treadle machine when I was a little girl about 6 years old and my mom laughing because, though I cried heavily, the needle didn't even break the skin.  I also remember threading needles for my grandmother because she struggled to see the needle eye.    Both my mother, Ellen, and  grandmother, Volcie, were quilters.  I was close to both before their deaths, and they influenced all aspects of my life but especially my sewing and quilting.  I think about them often when I am quilting and feel the connection to their lives.

Where do you get inspiration?
Inspiration comes from everything--stained glass windows in church, tile patterns on a bathroom floor, flowers, shapes, vintage quilts, photos, magazines--anything can inspire and everything is up for grabs.

Why do you blog? What is your process?  
I enjoy writing and took some writing classes in college, long before blogging came along.  I like the immediacy of blogging.  As I finish an article, I publish it.  Simple.

What charity efforts, teaching events, retreats, cruises, etc.do you participate in?
I am in the Cotton Quilter's Guild and participate in the charity efforts.  As a teacher I given presentations at our guild meeting and have recently agreed to write a course for QuiltCampus, an online quilt source.

What other personal information would you like to share?
I have a wonderful family, enjoy quilting and sewing, and am blessed with many, many positives in my life--God, my family, friends and the most wonderful husband any wife could ask for. 

No comments: