Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Cotton Quilters' Guild November Meeting


Did you know that I’m a member of two quilt guilds? No? I really don’t know whether I’ve written about that. I do know that I attended both meetings in October. I wasn’t comfortable posting about that one because I didn’t really know the policy. 

Of course the Baton Rouge Modern Quilt Guild is modern enough that it’s okay, so expect a post and pictures in the near future. This post is about the Cotton Quilters’ Guild meeting. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I had fun.

The business part of the meeting went well. Then we had a presenter who spoke about the problems of collecting. Mostly her problem is it’s impossible to control oneself. Hmm, does anyone ever say that???

Pricilla loves estate sales and textiles and quilting. Put them all together and you get some beautiful quilts and other sewn items. During show and share we saw several new projects and even had a quick lesson on making neck pillows for Christmas gifts.

All in all it was a pretty good meeting with lots of laughs, some interesting projects, and enough knowledge to keep us going for another couple of months. 




 Christmas is right around the corner and the gifts are looking pretty good!


A bit of laughter is worth quite a bit, but a look of sarcasm is priceless.




I'll end this post with a tease: I'm writing from Houston. Tomorrow will be our first day (of two) at the International Quilt Festival! I'll definitely take lots of pictures to share with you. But it will take a few days to recover and then process them. Hopefully, Sunday Quilt Inspiration will cover the first ones!

2 comments:

Karen S said...

It is always lovely to see the show and tell at your meetings.
Hope you are having a great time at the show.

Kaja said...

Lucky you - hope you are having a great time in Houston.