Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Houston IQS {page 3}

Retired to the Country by Denise Oyama Miller
I've managed a few minutes to prep some photos from the International Quilt Show in Houston. These are all part of a special exhibit called "Textures of the Sierra Nevadas," all quilts by Nancy Ryan and Denise Oyama Miller

Somewhere in Nevada by Nancy Ryan

I really enjoyed viewing them from a distance, but for me the real pleasure comes from  scrutinizing the details and trying to figure out how the quilters make them look so realistic. Looking at the quilts is much like looking at a painting, and I always want more time with each one. 

Forgotten by Nancy Ryan

Bird's Eye View by Denise Oyama Miller

Wondering Around by Nancy Ryan

 Yosemite Gold by Denise Oyama Miller  

 Rustic Barn by Nancy Ryan and Denise Oyama Miller 

 Resurgence by Denise Oyama Miller

  Shades of Granite by Denise Oyama Miller

Sierra Aspens by Nancy Miller

Carson River Run by Nancy Ryan

Ben and Jerry by Denise Oyama Miller 

 Transformation by Denise Oyama Miller



Winter Snowfall by Nancy Ryan
I hope I have not made any mistakes in naming the quilts or mixed up the two names. Trying to see all of the quilts, take pictures and not bump into people requires a great deal of multitasking. I had a system, but sometimes the show got in the way. 

2 comments:

Karen S said...

I continue to enjoy all the quilts you are posting. Several people are doing the same and I also enjoy seeing how their tastes vary according to the quilts they choose to share. All good fun.

Mary Marcotte said...

Thanks Karen! Keep coming back. I have a few more photos to post.