Wednesday, May 15, 2019

And in my personal life...

there's not much going on. I am slowly healing from the surgery two weeks ago. Mostly I am resting, napping, and sleeping. However, yesterday and today I went into the studio and actually made some stitches. Of course, some of those stitches were to hem up Lane's pants for graduation, which is tomorrow night. That  took all of maybe 15 minutes. 

The other stitches I made had to do with the Cotton Robin final round of mini-quilts. (Here's a sneak peak. Shhh!) It won't be long till the Big Reveal. That's when I can post about my doings on that front. I'm excited to see my own little quilt and to get reactions for the ones I worked on. This robin is such fun!

Yesterday, Richard and I finally went to the cemetery to put new flowers on mom and dad's grave. I meant to do that for Easter, but the hospital wouldn't give me a pass. So I figured Mother's Day would be a good plan B. I just couldn't get myself to take the trip. It's only about 25-30 minutes away, but any sitting in the car can be painful. So I've had to pick and choose my drives and take only one a day. Even so, not every day.

I bought these beautiful blue daisies and white magnolia flowers several weeks ago. I really like the way they look together. Dad's favorite color was blue and mom loved blue and white so it's a perfect combination for their flowers. I may add some red roses later in June in preparation for July 4th. What do you think? Will that be too obvious?

And finally, here's Meme riding her rocking horse that her poppa made. She has had it for at least a year and still loves to ride it. Though, truthfully, she's on it for about 30 and then she's gone again. She reminds me of a hummingbird, flitting around from one toy to another. Or one person to another.

How is life in your part of the world? Are you getting any stitching done?

2 comments:

Kaja said...

Keep on taking it easy, Mary, and give yourself plenty of time to recover.

Karen S said...

Getting better always takes time and we all become impatient! A little bit every day seems to work. Take care.