Friday, May 10, 2019

And now my Red Is a Neutral challenge


AHIQ has a challenge going. Ann and Kaja discussed the possibilities and introduced readers to a couple of shows in which the makers used red as a neutral in their quilts. 



I love the idea! I really wanted to get started back in January but one thing and another got in the way. Finally, I lost my guild BOM blocks when they got caught in a flood of my doing. When that happened, it occurred to me that I could simply change the colors of the blocks and meet two challenges at once. 


So figuring it out took a while, but I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. I went from no blocks to five. At the time we had instructions for nine blocks. That left me four blocks when I went into the hospital. On Monday we received two more blocks, so I have to get back in gear if I plan to catch up.


I definitely do not have enough of these grays and blacks to make all the blocks, so I'll be adding more of these colors and mixing up the blocks when I put them together. Hopefully the quilt will have a coordinated scrappy look, not a disjointed messy look.


Do go by and take a look at some of the quilts other participants are making. I promised you will enjoy the show!

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I like the idea of red being used as a neutral and your block show that it can work really well. These will be wonderful when they come together. Smart way to meet two challenges.