Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Cotton Quilters' Guild May meeting

While I didn't get to the Baton Rouge Modern Quilt Guild meeting yesterday, I managed to get to the guild meeting in Cottonport. It wore me out, but I had so much fun!

Three of Irma's blocks

Mary C's blocks
We started the meeting in our usual way, but there were lots of laughs, and I took a little ribbing about my recent surgery and my derrière. Somehow we got past all that nonsense and talked about important things, like quilts and our upcoming show. 

Pam's blocks
Of course, we've been continuing our guild sampler BOM, and people showed the blocks they've completed thus far. Several are participating but most of us are not keeping up. I think half of mine are done, but I'm committed to catching up. At least the next two will be relatively easy. Here they are.


Aren't they pretty? I love them both and especially like that Josie and Maggie found shortcut directions so both blocks should be easy and fast. I'm looking forward to make these.

Josie is a real trooper! She not only had a BOM block, she gave a short presentation on Prairie Points. She has a sweet, easy voice that really is calming, and she explains things so they are very easy to understand.  

After discussing several quilt show plans, we moved on to Show and Share. Ingrid showed two quilts. The one above is one she made using vintage feed and flour sacks. She explained that she had been collecting the sacks for many years. The quilt below is one that she picked up while antiquing. 

Josie's quilt is the next one. She made this one for her brother.

And this last quilt is one Pam made. Don't you just love this rabbit?

1 comment:

Karen S said...

It looks like another lovely gathering. Great to see the blocks being made and I always enjoy the show and share.