Friday, September 6, 2019

Another of Mrs. Mary Lee's quilts


The world of quilts is small. Here's a case in point. My mom and Mrs. Mary Lee were neighbors and quilters. In fact, they had several things in common: large families, church, and gardening. I have no idea how close they were as friends, but I'm sure that quilting came up any time they were together. 



Mrs. Mary Lee's daughter, Anna, texted me one day to ask if I would consider quilting some of her mom's hand-pieced tops. I couldn't resist, if for no other reason than to see some of the tops. Anna has given away several, every one hand-pieced. The ones I'm quilting for her are going to be gifts to her nieces and nephews as they marry. 


I'm enjoying quilting these. There is no deadline, no rush to finish. She has given me carte blanche to quilt it using medium-sized motifs. I plan to quilt at least one per month. That gives me time to quilt a couple of my own and still work on sewing projects. This is the second one that I've quilted. I didn't have the sense to get photos of the first. 



I'm going to try to rectify that with any future quilts I get from Anna. At the moment I have another quilt in the wings but it may be a few days before I'm able to get it on the long-arm. I do have some presidency chores to complete for the quilt show. 
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful quilt! and maybe while you are quilting them you will see something that reminds you of your mom Quilting with her!