Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Pin It Weekly #293

My "heart, quilts" board has become quite popular. With good reason: there are 12,000 pins of quilts. I've been curating this board since I found Pinterest, which was not long after it started back in 2010-11. So, even conservatively, that's about eight years of pulling together some inspiration for all of us. 

Plaids- great way of using up mens shirts for a masculine quilt

At the beginning, there were not many quilts to be pinned. In fact, I got permission to add quilts from the Quilt Index, an online quilt registry. I added perhaps 100 quilts before it became too time-consuming and I was forced to quit. 

 Ohio star quilt    For years now I have wanted to make a red or blue quilt!

I've begun organizing the pins into about 20 sections: 1930s, applique, baby, birds, blue and white, black and white, books, Dresden Plates, guys, houses, low volume and neutrals, maps, modern, Quilty 365, rainbow, red and white, scraps and bits, stars, wholecloth, whites. Yes, even in alpha-order. 

Timna Tarr The Creativity Project Week #38 Leland Ave Studios Kim Smith Soper

With geometric designs and minimal colors, the handmade quilts designed by Lindsay Stead become two-dimensional works of art that would work on a bed or on the wall.

9 Patch and Rails by Jessica's Quilting Studio via Flickr - love the colors!I started making my Dresden Quilt late last year and I soon became obsessed with Dresden Plates...       I never thought I would make a Dre...

Starburst Quilt by Make It Modern

Basket Case Quilt Pattern, Jelly Roll friendly in multiple sizesFacebook

Modern Flying Goose Quilt

WOW! Love the color!


No comments: