Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: NEUTRALS


Modern Neutral Quilt

It's time re revisit Sunday Quilt Inspiration from June of 2014. One reason for revisiting it is that it's the most popular post on my blog, but also it is still quite relevant for today. After all, who doesn't like a neutral quilt? I've made a few changes and added a couple of quilts to the mix, including two neutral quilts that I made. 



freeform neutral quilt using leftover blocks from previous quilts... I love this!

Earthy Neutral Color Scheme for a kitchen - what paints go good with different types of woods and stains.


neutral quilts | Quilt Neutral Colors by SWDesignsBaby on Etsy | My StyleYes, please.  And the porch and porch swing, too!

Probably wouldn't think of keeping your paint swatches somewhere for when it comes time to do a touch up!

Beautiful neutral quilt with ecru crochet edging. I love the neutrals, but I would love to see more intricate quilting on it.Star Quilt Pattern PDF and Free Pillow Pattern Easy Quilt | Etsy


Monogrammed Chevron throw pillow in neutral colors...yes, please!

Neutral Colors

neutral quilts | Lap Size String Quilt in soft Neutral Colors (Grays White Black ...


Designer Sabrina Soto's favorite paint colors.Façade from Fall Easy Quilts 2013 is a throw size quilt pattern featuring neutral strips of fabric. Quilt by LOQ Staff.

neutral quilts | Interesting almost neutral quilt | Quilts

Neutrals colors ideas...

Neutral quilt bed

5" squares with snippets at opposite corners, sewn into 4 patch squares - Cut.Sew.Iron.Repeat: Neutrals quilt
Improv in Neutrals quilt

neutral quilt

Baby Blanket Neutral Patchwork Baby Blanket / Quilt - Cotton and Organic Cotton Mix Fabrics-Chevron, Elephant, Giraffe. $98.00, via Etsy.beautiful

The Alex Anderson quilt that started my infatuation with making a neutral quilt.  Can you see the 16-patch and the alternating pinwheel patches?  

Neutral Quilt 1  we give credit to Alex Anderson

And lastly, here are two neutral quilts that I've made. I can think of at least one more and there are a couple that are mostly neutrals--just a little color tossed in. 
People tend to love or strongly dislike neutrals. Which camp do you lean toward?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these neutral quilts! Well I guess I like all the quilts-- with color or no color.

Scrapatches said...

Thanks for this lovely quilty inspiration. These neutral quilts are wonderful ... <3 Pat