Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Weekend Work

This old hand-crank
pump was the impetus.
Richard and I have been busy in the yard. He wanted a water feature in the back yard to entice the birds. More birds. Apparently there aren't enough. 


So what the heck. I made it quite clear that I am not willing to pull grass in a flower bed that we had abandoned years ago. 








Richard: But everyone can see it (the abandoned flower bed) from the patio.
Me: Why does that matter? Look at the yucky mess the birds made ON the patio.  (They throw seed on the bricks. Some they eat; the rest sprout. Or rot.)
Rich: I'm going to clean that up. 
Water, water everywhere.
Me: I think that sounds familiar. And I am the one who power washes the bricks. When it (the pressure washer) works!
Rich: I am going to fix that power washer.
Me: Hmm.
Rich: Okay, so here's the plan. 
I sat down.

Thirty minutes later I was still sitting in my retirement chair. (The rocking chair given to me at the retirement party.) And he was still making his argument, telling his plan, and otherwise keeping me from going into the studio. 

Plenty of flowers and shrubs for the birds and hummers to enjoy.
In the end, he won. Of course, it wasn't much of a fight since I may have wanted the same thing as he did. I just wanted the work completed on my timeline--fix the pressure washer, clean the patio and move the bird feeder, clean the flower beds we already have, build the water feature. That order is important.

The Knock-out Roses he planed on the side.

My thinking is that if he runs out of steam and quits, at least the work that has to be done will be done. He wanted a water feature.

Kale and Swiss chard from my sister, Laura.
 I like mixing veggies in the flowers.

Milly running around with Duke.
We do enjoy the yard.


1 comment:

Karen S said...

Let's hope you both ended up happy in the end.