Monday, March 23, 2020

Face Masks ~~ finishes


Yesterday's SQI was about making cloth face masks for health care workers and patients since there appears to be quite a shortage. Today the president said there would be ample supplies shortly, including face masks. I won't argue with the president. I'll just say I've made a few masks and have plans to make more. 

These four are for my sister, Laura. Her chemo treatments wreak havoc with her immune system, and she must wear a mask every time she goes outside. 


I realize that she'll probably need to wear the CDC approved masks while in the clinic or hospital, but at home or in the car, she can wear one of these. Since she leaves home at least once or twice a week, this will help her to save masks for when she knows she'll encounter people.



These are two-sided so that she has twice the options. She loves flowers but may not always want flowers splattered across her face. Though now that I look at them again, the backs of two are tiny flowers. Well, they'll have to do since the envelope goes out tomorrow. I'm used this PDF pattern but I think I'll try this pattern to decide whether I like it more. Neither one looks difficult and the first ones sewed up pretty fast. Are you making face masks for family or organizations? Do you have a great pattern? Share a link in the comments.

No comments: