Thursday, July 16, 2020

Pin It Weekly #324

Welcome back! It's Pinterest time. It has gotten too hot in Louisiana to sit out-of-doors. I managed a few minutes in the shade while a hot breeze and a cool drink kept me and the birds company. 

Bird Sounds and Songs of the Mourning Dove | The Old Farmer's Almanac

How the doves have the energy to fuss over the same feeder is beyond me. Of course, watching them peaked my interest in whether I had mourning doves on my bird board. I did not. So far as I could find anyway. So I searched out a few doves to pin.
Shepreth Wildlife Park: White Dove | White Dove | Chris Humphries | Flickr

Morning #dove love. It’s always such a treasure to see my morning doves in the trees in my window. They are so in love. 💕

The doves in our backyard are fat and sassy. Richard's fear is that they will fly off and someone will have gravy for supper. It's not dove season, yet, but you know, it's still a real possibility. So the plan is to feed them well, and they will be either too happy or too fat to fly away. Hey, it's a plan.

dzięcioł Dzięcioł
 
The rabbit hole that Pinterest is, it swallowed me whole and I spent a few minutes pinning more bird pictures, because, you know, I was there. Right?

A touching story about a couple who die holding hands within hours of each other.

PEOPLE-PLACES-THINGS-ETC

Why Native Plants Are Better for Birds and People | Audubon

Saving Birds From Deadly Industrial Traps Isn’t Hard


Goldfinch, Cardinal pair, Oriole, Eastern Bluebird.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Looks like the doves have kept you well entertained.