Friday, July 24, 2020

A new bad finish


A few days ago I mentioned that I'd started a new quilt top. Frustrated with one thing, I decided to try working on something new. It doesn't work that way apparently. At least not for me. If I could have the time back that I've spent anguishing over these two quilts, I'd be able to make one king. Ah well, c'est la vie.


At this point I have abandoned the front of the quilt. I don't like it. I've tried several things. I don't like any of them and am moving on. I did realize (before sewing!) that I needed to be careful how I orient the pieces.  


I've took some of the elements that I tried on the front and am tossing them on the back. Namely this lowest one in the picture above. Two reasons for putting them on the back: firstly, I've wasted time and fabric unless I do something with it; secondly, I need a little more fabric for the back. There. Good enough. 


I ripped the stitches out and played with the idea of putting all of the strips together. Placed on the last piece of dark green, it looks pretty good. So there we are. A back that I may like more than the front.


If all goes well tomorrow I will have a back and a front and I'll have loaded everything onto the longarm. I'm still a little tired from my week of CoVid19, so I expect that's about as far as I get. 

No comments: