Monday, June 29, 2015

Modern Monday: Cross Quilt

I managed to start a new quilt while on vacation.  I'll tell you how I pulled that off tomorrow, but in the meantime, I thought I'd show a couple of sneak peaks of this very bright quilt.


This is what I managed to put together while on hiatus from traveling.  There weren't many hours off the black top, but on those days that we pulled into a campsite early, I pulled out the machine and played.


That means when we got home, I had these blocks all finished up.  I decided to add some more background fabric to separate the blocks so they would not be quite so busy.  







And this is where I am right now.  Quilting the background.  I've decided to quilt all of the background then come back and quilt the crosses.  I am thinking of matching the thread to the individual crosses and that will take time since I have six or seven different colors.






And that's what's modern in my studio. What modern fun are you playing with?  C
ome back tomorrow to see what I did to be able to sew while on vacation.

Linking up with
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt 

2 comments:

Salmagundi said...

I love how graphic this quilt is! It is spectacular. I also appreciate that you took the time to comment on my blog about what you enjoy at a quilt show. I'm thinking about including more info than usual at this show since it is in my hometown. Several of the quilts were inspired by my childhood, and people may find they had similar experiences. Also, in my artist's statement I want to include influential teachers. Thanks for the encouragement. Sally

Karen S said...

That is a great effort to be able to sew when you are away. A real bonus to come home with finished blocks. Love the bright colours.