Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Camping anyone?

Coachmen Shasta Travel Trailer - N610553Richard and I bought a camper recently.  After looking for months and going to several camper sales lots and one camper show, we finally made a decision.  I was okay with the first small one that we saw.  "This is it," I told him.  He insisted that we look more.

A month later, "I'm done," I said.  But he wanted to look in another town nearby.

Forest River Rockwood Travel Trailer - N403396
"I'm not going back," I fussed.  So he started going alone.  He found three he liked but he couldn't make the decision.  I had to look at the campers again.  

"Which is the smallest one?" I asked, then "Which is the cheapest one?"  The answers were the same.  

Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer - T422311"What's the problem? Why didn't you buy it?"  He wanted my approval, apparently.  I looked.  I fell in love.  I said to buy it.  He didn't.  He needed another day.  Thank goodness the sales guy said someone else was interested.  I think that did it.  


The ONE a 19 ft. Jay Flight
Finally, we made a decision.  It wasn't the first one I saw.  It's much, much smaller.  This one has a queen size bed, but it's in a space that has no floor.  We'll climb in the bed from one corner, I took the comforter out and put in some of my quilts, which brighten the 'bedroom' quite a bit.



The rest of the camper is bright and airy because the walls are off-white and there are windows everywhere.  That was my one request--lots of windows.


 

So there we are.  The new camper.  There's a surprising amount of storage and a nice refrigerator.  No counters in the kitchenette (I mean, really, could we call this a real kitchen?)


It has everything, even a microwave.  There is just no counter space.  Of course, I'm not going to be cooking for company.  And we aren't going to do much more than sandwiches.  I want to save some of my time for fun!

Now on to the tough decision: where shall we go?  How long do you think it will take us to decide?  

2 comments:

Kaja said...

Oh lucky you! Now you just have to get packed up and head off for an adventure or two.

Karen S said...

This one looks perfect. Choose some sunny weather and off you go!