Monday, June 22, 2015

Book Review: Sunday Morning Quilts

While we were gone, I managed to zip into a quilt store or two and finally found a copy of Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  I've been looking for it for some time now, but I'm one of those people who really doesn't like to shop online.  I like to have the item in my hand when I make a purchase. 

Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects - Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured FabricsAnyway, the moment I picked up the book, I knew I'd get it.  I love the design and the fresh feel throughout the book.  Amanda Jean has a great blog, Crazy Mom Quilts, which I've followed since I read about her book.  Cheryl's blog, titled Dining Room Empire, is so named because she works and sews in her dining room.


Both authors contribute to Sunday Monday Quilts and I like their seamless writing.  It's difficult to tell which author wrote which sections. 

Sunday Morning Quilts - Eco Pouch SetThe first section of the book covers the basics of keeping and organizing one's stash and scraps.  Then there's a section on basic quilting.  I'm not sure I agree on one small point about binding, but really?  It's nothing to whine about: I just happen to like my own method.

And then, finally, the projects!  Fun, easy, modern projects.  My favorite is "Green" which has inspired a new design from me.  

If you're looking for a modern quilting book, Sunday Morning Quilts, may be just the one.  I highly recommend it.  


No comments: