Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So Sorry

for myself especially, since I'm apologizing for not posting for almost the entire week!  That would be because I became violently sick on Saturday night (one bad oyster can do that) and took until, oh, Monday to recover.  Just in time, it turns out, to drive to the hospital to meet our granddaughter after she broke her arm!  Needless to say, it's been a long week and I'm still dragging.  Okay, enough whining from me.....I do have something fun to share from Saturday.....
























Richard and I had a little alone time in Ponchatoula at the outdoor quilt show!  It was such fun.  We strolled and looked at the 200+ quilts hanging from storefronts.  That is, I had a blast until I realized that I'd forgotten my camera!  These photos come from the Berry Batch Preservation website gallery.  I did take a few photos using my phone, but I can't find those.  So until one of the tech savvy grand-kids comes for a visit, I'll have to be happy with the ones on the site.  


Many of the quilts were older quilts and I especially enjoyed looking at the vintage quilts and figuring out the patterns, but all of the quilts were stunning, and there was definitely a huge variety of colors, patterns and styles.  If you have an opportunity to attend one these exhibits, you should drive to Ponchatoula and spend the day.


After we saw all the quilts, we popped into the Corner Cafe and had a delicious lunch.  I definitely recommend the salad with Pepper Jelly Dressing.  How wonderful, and had we known, we've have gotten one to share.  (Although, I will admit that we ate all of the food they brought us.)


Then we moseyed over to a couple of antique shops.  I walked away with a few goodies, but you'll have to wait a day or so for pics. I've not recovered that much!
If I'm correct, this is my 200th post!  Go us, we've hung in there for a while.  I do want to say thank you for hanging in with me.  I have the best followers! Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!
Happy Quilting!
Mary

No comments: