Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sunday Quilt Inspiration

NOTE OF APOLOGY: I'M SORRY THIS DIDN'T GET POSTED ON SUNDAY AS PLANNED.  APPARENTLY THE COMPUTER AND I WERE NOT SPEAKING THE SAME LANGUAGE!

What are you doing this week?  I'm going to get a little sewing in!  I'm so excited about having the week off and having some time for sewing!  I can't wait to get started...wait, I have already gotten started.  I made a few stitches today and a few yesterday.   But my stitches are nothing compared to what I have to share with you tonight!  Prepare to be delighted!
mqx east 2011 by fourseasonsquiltswap on Flickr
Today's quilt inspiration comes from a couple of sources.  First a few quilts that I recently found on Pinterest and are absolutely stunning.  When possible, I'll include the 5w's: who, what, when, where, and why information directly under the photos. 
Detail, "Radiance" by Susan Stewart. This quilt was awarded the Pfaff Master Award for Machine Artistry at the 2011 Houston IQF and the Bernina of America Award for Machine Workmanship at the 2012 Paducah AQS show. It is now in the permanent collection of the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY.
Pinned from Barbara Nelson.

Quilt Inspiration: Fun in the Sun : Day 5 of the Arizona Quilters' Guild Show
http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com/ 


 In case you didn't catch it in the full photo above, notice the flower bouquet in the corners: they form butterflies!  Here's a detail of one corner.  I looked at the quilt several times before I caught it.

Check out the detailed quilting while you're looking.  It's absolutely amazing.  No wonder the quilt won two blue ribbons! 

 



This beautiful quilt is also from http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com/, although I found it on pinterest.
If you haven't been to the QI website, you're missing some beautiful quilts.
   This next quilt comes from Carla at Grace and Favour.  She is good enough to post photos of projects from her Moda Club's show and tell.  I'm not sure how often this happens--I assume monthly--but I must say, these ladies are definitely inspiring.  Please pay Carla a visit and take a look at the beautiful things (not just quilts) they made.  Before you do, though, check out how balanced the colors in this quilt are.  It has my mind spinning out ideas.....





























It would be impossible to choose a favorite fabric, don't you think?Every time I look at it, the blue draws my eye, but then I look closer and love something else.....the deep purple, the stunning zinnias, the painted daisies and so on.  I don't know if I could cut the fabrics apart!

Okay, I could ramble for days about these beautiful quilts and fabrics.  Instead, I'll let you go visit Carla.  Don't forget about Pinterest or Quilt Inspiration.  Isn't it wonderful that there are so many talented quilters and awesome quilts to inspire us?  Isn't it just as great that there are so many good folks out there who make sure they are only a click away?
Happy Quilting,
Mary

2 comments:

Kathy said...

When someone else does this, I feel better since I do it so often. In the end it's okay. Besides, these quilts make up for the oops. You did a great job finding some inspirational quilts. Thanks!

daydreamsdustbunnies said...

Gorgeous!! Absolutely amazing!!! I'm not a quilter, but I certainly admire anybody who is. A beautiful quilt takes lots of talent and, I'm sure, patience.