I got back the signature wedding quilt last week and spent a few minutes loading it on the long arm. It looks great!
My first idea was to outline quilt the signature blocks and stitch in a small vine on the colored pieces. This obviously didn't work as I'd hoped. I can't seem to make a straight line and the vine, well, it leaves much to be desired.
So I'm working on a plan B. By that I mean I may not use actually use Plan B. Thanks to Pinterest, I was able to find lots of quilting ideas. I like some of them very much and like parts of others. So I decided to make my own using some of the motifs that I like. Of course, that meant making other changes so lines would connect better for me, but now I think I have it.
Tomorrow I will scan and print the three sheets of paper so that I can make one long print then use it like a pantograph on the machine. (Maybe) I need to enlarge the pattern because it is rather narrow and feels crowded. I expected that though.
I can trace very well and can draw freehand but I seem to do my best work on a small scale. The larger I try to draw a motif, the more I struggle and no matter what, it's just not as good. So, I keep it small and manageable and enlarge after.
I've taken photos of my finished drawing, but the photos are taking forever to upload. I'll add them tomorrow after scanning.