What a nice little honor I've received....an award! More specifically a nomination for "One Lovely Blog Award." Kaja, of Sew Slowly, nominated me, which is terribly thoughtful of her. We met through her blog or mine: I really don't remember, but I don't think it matters whose blog had that honor.
Much more important is that we have had a wonderful opportunity to get to know each other. She's a fabulous quilter who is brave and bold in her quilting. She's also pretty innovative--see her "Built me a wall" post to see an example of that.
Okay, so on to the award and its responsibilities:
The award post is supposed to introduce readers to blogs I love and which you may not have read before. Those who accept the award are asked to
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other blogs for the award
I've covered the thanking part already (and I really do appreciate it, Kaja). So here are the seven facts about me:
- I teach English but would rather be back in my library
- I am not opposed to the not-so-new CCSS teaching system (or whatever it's called) and just want to tell other teacher to quit whining and teach already
- I am an English teacher, so a red pen lives in my head, but I don't necessarily use it all the time
- My husband of 36 years is the best guy ever and calls me sweetie, sweetheart, love, and doodlebug (yeah, it's like that--we're blessed, me more than him)
- I don't get jokes. Well, I do, but it takes a little longer in my case. Now, if I know it's a joke, I can almost keep up.
- I cry for everything. No. I mean EVERYTHING. I may not cry on the spot, but I'm going to cry.
- Hate TV, love books, enjoy movies, love silence, am particular about my entertainment.
And (drum roll, please) my nominations--in alpha order, of course: