Wednesday, May 20, 2015

One Lovely Blog Award


What a nice little honor I've received....an award!  More specifically a nomination for "One Lovely Blog Award."  Kaja, of Sew Slowly, nominated me, which is terribly thoughtful of her.  We met through her blog or mine: I really don't remember, but I don't think it matters whose blog had that honor.

Much more important is that we have had a wonderful opportunity to get to know each other.  She's a fabulous quilter who is brave and bold in her quilting.  She's also pretty innovative--see her "Built me a wall" post to see an example of that. 



Okay, so on to the award and its responsibilities:
The award post is supposed to introduce readers to blogs I love and which you may not have read before.  Those who accept the award are asked to 

    •  Thank the blogger who nominated you
    •  Share seven facts about yourself
    •  Nominate other blogs for the award




I've covered the thanking part already (and I really do appreciate it, Kaja). So here are the seven facts about me:

  1. I teach English but would rather be back in my library
  2. I am not opposed to the not-so-new CCSS teaching system (or whatever it's called) and just want to tell other teacher to quit whining and teach already
  3. I am an English teacher, so a red pen lives in my head, but I don't necessarily use it all the time
  4. My husband of 36 years is the best guy ever and calls me sweetie, sweetheart, love, and doodlebug (yeah, it's like that--we're blessed, me more than him)
  5. I don't get jokes.  Well, I do, but it takes a little longer in my case.  Now, if I know it's a joke, I can almost keep up.
  6. I cry for everything.  No.  I mean EVERYTHING.  I may not cry on the spot, but I'm going to cry.
  7. Hate TV, love books, enjoy movies, love silence, am particular about my entertainment.

And (drum roll, please) my nominations--in alpha order, of course:




2 comments:

Marty Mason said...

Well, what an honor to be nominated by your lovely blog for the Lovely Blog Award. Thanks, Mary. I'll pass the award on to even more lovely blogs. Have a wonderful summer.

Kaja said...

That's something I didn't know we had in common, Mary: I cry too!