|All photos from Google images unless otherwise noted.|
This post is about my goals and hopeful plans. First, though, there are the things of Life. Some good Life things, some not so good Life things. For example, I am seriously considering retiring from teaching. Richard and I hope to travel a bit. He has aging parents. The children are independent but the grandchildren are all holding on tightly.
Life's list seems endless. Not that I'm complaining. I want Life to get in the way! Not negatively, of course, but even the difficult times have their purpose. And I need the occasional reminder or Life lesson just as much as anyone. No no, bring it on, Life! Just don't make it too difficult. And please give me some quilty breaks on occasion.
So what do I hope to accomplish? I want to be and do better. I want to learn and grow and push myself out of this comfy recliner. I can always improve as a wife, mother, friend, person. So I want those things, too, but for now I'll stick to quilting and blogging.
- Increase content. I wrote 240 posts in 2015, which averages about four posts weekly. I’m shooting for five posts which would bring the total up to 260. 20 additional posts. Doable.
- More finishes. I tend to stick to big quilts rather than small projects. I'd like to challenge myself with small projects for which I can write tutorials. I can write at least. I'd love suggestions. I need suggestions. Ask for quilting stuff you want to learn. Or general sewing. I could help you! Win. Win.
|My scraps. My photo. See?|
- Use more scraps. AmandaJean at Crazy Mom Quilts is my heroine. Hero. Sewer. Sewist. Seamstress. Whatever. I want her scrap stash. And her pincushions.
- Keep track of fabric usage. I originally thought that meant figuring out how much I have to begin with. No, nothing so daunting. Well then, perhaps I can do this. Figure out how much I use and buy. Keep track. Done. Maybe. It’s math dependent. That’s scary, but I should try.
- Better photos. The almost impossible one. Really. I have no idea what I’m doing with a camera. I’m trying the Craftsy class for using the camera on my phone—Mobile Photography with Jack Davis. Jack Davis is good. Amazing actually. I’m not. I’m not even good. I try. I’ll try harder. No promises.
- Keep pinning. I still enjoy Pinterest. I'll keep going. Pin It Weekly and Sunday Quilt Inspiration seem to be my thing. I'll hang on through 2016.
That's the plan. The big beginning on day one. 2016 here we go!