The third in the series is complete, well—maybe. I haven't decided exactly how I want to add the final touches and the label. Otherwise, it's done.
Here's the problem, as I work on the series, things come to me and, because I want all of the pieces to have some of the same elements, I can't seem to finish any of them.
But I'm stopping on this one for now. At least until I decide on those things that have come and I don't know what to do with them.
On this quilt I wanted to give a sense that recovery is ongoing and left the raw selvage on the left and right edges. On the top and bottom, though I finished the quilt with binding. I tried to use a pillowcase fold but that didn't work because the edges were messy because of the quilting, so I cut and applied a bias binding, meant to follow the shape of the edges, which are sunken in toward the middle.
The whole back of the work was a mess. In fact, all of them have messy backs even before I finish the work on the front. So to give this one a cleaner look, I added a backing. Then a sleeve and corner pockets.
A good pressing and a label will put this one on the growing pile of art quilts that I've finished in the last year or two. Well, unless those nagging things force me to pull it out again.