Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: Hummers

I've always been infatuated with little hummingbirds. Once, when I was still very young, I caught one in my hand as it buzzed around my mom's roses. 


HummingbirdNapo Sabrewing (Campylopterus villaviscensio)



It stuck me (as opposed to pecked) me in that soft part of the palm that connects the thumb and forefinger. I think it surprised me much more than hurt. He got away!

birds

Once I got up close and personal with that pretty little fella, I really became curious. No, I didn't try to catch another one. I just look at them as they fly around and at the many pictures available on my "humming, bird" Pinterest board and on the Audubon Society website.

 Hummingbird

Velvet-purple Coronet Hummingbirds

hummingbirdHummingbird - love the moss on the nest!

Anna’s Hummingbird by juvethski

Some gorgeous quilts with hummers...
I ❤ art quilts . . . Stunning Hummingbird ~120cm x 90cm ~By Danny Amazonas

Love these fuschias!"A Taste of Sunshine" by Deb Crine of Marco Island, FL. Won Best Machine Workmanship.

Hummingbird Quilt Pattern

Hummingbird Quilt by Susan Lane.  Design from Applique Takes Wing by Jane Townswick.  Echo quilted by machine.

COLLAGE CACTUS SAMPLER QUILT PATTERN, from Fiberworks INC, *NEW*Hummingbird - Dotz - Applique Set


Image result for Hummingbird Quilt Patterns Free Printable

Hummingbird quilt by Sally Papin"Three Hummingbirds" completed in 2013. (Trapunto hummingbirds.)

That last one, the white with black frames around the birds, is one I made many years ago because of the fabric, which I really love. 



No comments: