Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Catching up ... and a finish!

Yes, I've got a finish that I haven't shown you. This darling little dress for Milly. I know, I'm spoiling her! It's such fun! 

If you're old enough, you may recognize this pattern from when your own children were babies. I've had the pattern for ages now. I think I used it for the first time when Jolie was little. She's 16 now, but it's possible that the pattern is actually older than that.



Does it look familiar? I love it. And it was very easy to sew up. There are only two pieces: the front is cut on the fold and the back is cut sort of crooked to keep it straight of grain. Both need to be lined, but I decided to cut the opposite side in a light plaid so the top is reversible.

Did you notice that when I switched the dress around to take pictures, I didn't unbutton both straps? There are buttons on both sides so I should have unbuttoned both straps and buttoned them with the strap over the front.

Instead of making the panties that came with the pattern, I used the shorts pattern that I've been using and added elastic in the legs by increasing the size of the hem to make casings. Surprisingly, they are a little tight when made like this, but she didn't complain about the shorts, so we're going with them.


Now she may not have complained about the shorts but wow! she was in a mood. She fussed and cried for a good ten minutes for no reason. None. She was just cranky. That is very rare, so I changed her into a comfy little outfit and rocked her for a few minutes. Ahh, the joys of being a retired grandmother!

The only other news I have is that I'm already getting ready for our August meeting. We have a special guest coming to give a presentation. I'll wait to surprise you but thought a little tease would be fun.


And I'll leave you with a few quilts from the Krotz Springs show on Saturday. These are all from the trunk shows. I had to crop out the backs of heads, but I hate to stand in front of people to take pictures. It feels rude to be in other people's line of view. 
Hope you enjoy!



No comments: