Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Cleaning Rewards~~a fast finish

Have I told you I've been cleaning in the studio? I have mentioned it, I'm sure. Truthfully, I think I'm mostly moving things around. And not necessarily advancing toward a cleaner studio. I don't know what to do with this stuff! Really, I don't. 

Here's the problem: I unearth stuff--fabric, patterns, UFOs, etc.--and look it over. It's almost always too good to toss out. I mean, I don't keep trash. But I also don't intend to use it. Ever. For example, I have over 50 Butterick patterns. Over, I tell you. And that's the smallest box of the "The Big Three"--Butterick, McCalls and Simplicity. 



Now there are some used patterns. Perhaps a little over half are used. Surely some are missing a piece or two. But nothing in that box is just pure trash. Well, not if you fit into a size 8-12. I don't. But even if I did, I don't have much need for the dresses and suits I wore when I was a young, energetic teacher. (Who just happened to be able to sew really well.)


So, the patterns. What am I to do with them? Really. Burn four boxes of patterns? And what about that 1964 pattern I discovered in my mom's box? It's getting kind of old and vintage-y. As is the 1973 and the Vogue Oscar de la Renta specialty pattern...still unopened. I'll make some kind of attempt to sell them. We'll see how that goes.



There has been one great find and this one I know exactly what to do with! This quilt block was another item found in one of mom's boxes. She had already quilted it so all I had to do was bind it and offer it to my sisters. Three of them wanted the small red block quilt from last month.






I added corners so it can be hung on the wall. If all goes well, I'll find another and each of the three who asked will get one. 

In the meantime, I continue to move things around. 

No comments: