Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cotton Robin 2019

Welcome back to the Cotton Robin! We've started this year's robin and I'm rather excited. I am on the game! The first block is due in a month and I'm ready to mail it. Yes. Last year I threw together a pitiful little thing at the last minute and mail it THE SAME DAY.

Who does that? Me. Of course. I really wanted to participate and life got away from me, but I managed to get it together. Not again. This year I want to at least begin on the right foot.


So I decided to get to it early and have fun. Here's my house. I sewed it completely without a pattern. Ha! I started with the orange door. Yep! An orange door, some almost white walls, and windows with built in shades and curtains. Those windows were a stroke of genius that just happened. I would never have used this fabric, but in the end look how cute. It also decided the color of the roof. 

There were quite a few things going on, so I decided to go with a navy roof to avoid adding yet another color. Then I realized that the block didn't meet the size requirements. So I added a tree. 

It looks just like the ones my husband trims. He wants NO LIMBS near the ground because they are a pain when he cuts grass. What does he do instead? Cuts them way up high so there's just a little top. One year he stood on the cab of the big tractor. Now really? So back to "The Orange Door." It will go out as soon as I get an address to ship it to, and I'll be off and running. Cotton Robin here I come! (Did I say I'm excited?)

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I love it! What a great fabric for the windows. It will be fun to see what your final quilt looks like.

Kaja said...

Way to go, Mary!

Karen S said...

Well done on the early finish. Yay!