Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: cacti

Photo

Oh my poor cacti. The little succulents that couldn't fill the pot. The ones I tried to save by putting into a terrarium and wrote about here. Those cacti.


Cacti and succulents are not heavy feeders but do benefit from light feeding during their growing period - usually the warmer months of the year...
They aren't doing well. I will likely have to start over in the spring if I ever want to see that pot spilling over like my inspiration from the International Peace Gardens. Thus, an ode to my pitiful cacti. (I can't show them to you. It's too pitiful.) Inspiration for cacti of a different description.


Urbanika Moda: Decorando con cactus y suculentas / Decorating with cacti and succulents

Let’s talk about Indoor Plants.  I will admit that I have had many a challenges with keeping them alive…from the Ficus Tree that I brought into the bathroom every time I took a shower so it can feel like it was in the Tropics…to the Countless Zebra Plants that I made Humidifying Tents to then …



How to Take Cuttings from Cacti and Succulents | World of Succulents

So you get the idea. There are some succulents that do not look like my own. Well, I may have to resort to something more like these.

watercolour cacti and succulents by Vicky Webb

DRAWN
Cactus print. Succulent art print. Cacti and succulents wall art. Plant drawing. Pen and watercolour plants. A4 print 21x29.7cm, 8.3x11.7in



QUILTED
Cacti and Succulent Quilt Pattern Set; 9 blocks | Craftsy

PIECED
Image of Prickly Cactis Quilt Block Pattern - 8" x 8"PATTERN Foundation Paper Pieced Crafty Cactus Mini-Quilt /

PILLOWED
watercolour cacti and succulents Throw Pillows
These are watercolor sketches I painted of some desert cacti. I tried to use different shades of greens as well as bright pops of color. I have a plant stand in my kitchen with different succulents and cacti growing. I used them as my subject matter for this painting. <br/> <br/> cacti, cactus, succulent, succulents, desert, cactus painting, watercolor, watercolor painting, purple flower, orange flower, bright, modern, fun, pops of color, green, plants, plant love, cactus love, cacti love...

AND MORE!
Sweet Succulent FPP cushions pillows by Amanda Castor for Issue 19 of Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine. Download the free foundation paper piecing cactus templates on the LPQ blog - go to 'download issue 19 templates here' to get them!

Michael Miller Lovely Llamas Cactus Hoedown Tan from @fabricdotcom  From Michael Miller Fabrics, this whimsical collection features llamas, succulents, and bold, modern, geometric, prints. Perfect for quilting, apparel, and home decor accents. Colors include shades of green, tan, pink, and white.


No comments: