Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Pin It Weekly #271

 I was pinning "a few" ideas a couple of night's ago while Richard watched one of his westerns, and thought it a good idea to organize my "quilting inspiration ideas..." board. Why I thought that rabbit hole was a good one to step into, I don't remember. Nevertheless, I did clean up the clutter somewhat.

Now that Pinterest has an easy, fast way to build sections and move pins, the organizing is not so time-consuming. When you move 50 pins in a minute or so, you almost get instant gratification. 

So for now I have two boards: one for quilt blocks and another for quilting motifs--a one-stop shop for those "what do I do now" kind of moments. These are from the quilt blocks section.


Red Pepper Quilts: Paper Piecing - Part 1 - New Mexico Star, from the book (which comes with cd) Carol Doak's Simply Sensational 9 patch stars

Cute idea for half square triangle blocks.

Image result for crown quilt block

I like seeing completed blocks in fabric form because it looks real. But when I want to deconstruct a block in my head, it's much easier when it is an electronic design, like EQ. Having the seam outlined certainly does help.

Date night

Scrappy Fabrics Flower Baskets Easy Pre-Cut Quilt Block Kit

Block 50 of #100quiltblocksin100days A ‘Woven Strips’ block for today. .. I am participating in the #the100dayproject by designing and…

These are from the quilting ideas board. Apparently I really like swirls and feathers!
feather.

16. Quilt Designs.....from My Sketch Book

What a beautiful border, especially on red!  ♥  ♥  ♥  Busy Bee No. 16

Mezzo - Digital NG-MZ_DIGITAL


Now don't think that I attempt anything like these below. I snag a motif from the 15 or so that are the picture. The thought of attempting something so intricate would send me into a panic attack! 
Cindy Needham!  Quilted by Judi Madsen. Back view


Kelly Cline Quilting-vintage society silk embroidery, quilted

Nope, Kelly Cline, Karlee Porter, and Judi Masden do not need to be concerned with competition from me. 



No comments: