Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: Quilt Con (episode 4)

Photos coming, but first a few personal notes from Quilt Con.


I happened upon Tula Pink of Pink Door Studios. She made it big with her Etsy shop and wild fabric lines. The huge vendor booth looked familiar (I passed by a couple of times) and I kept wondering what that familiarity was. Her fabric lines, of course! They are beautiful, colorful and happy. I take issue with some of the language that appears on her work, but maybe I'm just not that modern.


DEMO17 - My Obsession with Shibori Resist and Indigo with Debbie Maddy, Moda Fabrics + Supplies

I also sat through a Debby Maddy demonstration about indigo dyeing. I learned much more than I had hoped about how the fabric is prepared and "tied" to create such interesting effect. It's obvious that Debby has worked hard and experimented in numerous ways to achieve such skill. Apparently she's willing to tie, twist, rubber band, and pipe in any configuration. I'd love to take one of her classes. Not that I need yet another hobby!


And, as promised, photos! These are all from the miniature quilt competition. Sorry that I don't have information on them--by this time I was just exhausted and just barely taking pictures.












And finally, tomorrow is my A la Mary Improv Quilting presentation at the Baton Rouge MQG so wish me luck, please.





No comments: