Thursday, January 16, 2020

And now, looking forward

I thought that while I'm thinking of what I'd like to accomplish this year, I'd take a look at what  I wanted to accomplish last year. And whether I managed to accomplish anything at all. Sometimes it seems that I did very little, but I know from this post yesterday that is not how 2019 went down. 

Back in January 2019 I wrote that I'd like to try to
  • continue cleaning and organizing the studio
  • finish the last piece in my Bipolar series
  • continue work on the cotton series
  • make a low-volume, neutral quilt for our bed
  • keep going with the modern quilt guild and lean toward that aesthetic 
  • teach at other guild meetings
  • use up some scraps
  • have fun with improv quilts 
The lines in blue are the ones I completed or accomplished in some way. The last piece of the Bipolar series is still sitting on the design wall. It may not happen. 
Connection #4 of the Bipolar series
Teaching at other guild meetings did not happen, at all! I think I'll make that my priority for this year. I'm off to a good start now that I've become a GSQA circuit teacher, but I haven't worked toward getting my name out where people might see it. Hmm, I would LOVE suggestions on ways to accomplish that. Please.


    Otherwise, I like my goals from last year and will try to improve on those that are doable. Here are the new/old goals:
    1. get my name out as a GSQA circuit teacher
    2. send out letters and flyers to guilds in the state announcing my teaching curriculum and build a calendar for the blog
    3. apply for national teaching gigs
    4. continue cleaning and organizing the studio
    5. keep going with the modern quilt guild and lean toward that aesthetic 
    6. use up some yardage and scraps 
    7. have fun with AHIQ improv challenges 
    8. quilt and complete at least five of the tops that are in the "To Be Quilted" bin
    9. help Marley with a few more projects



    No comments: