Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: 1970

Looking back at the 1960s last week was different. And apparently, interesting. Thanks for the comments and the notes. Since, I'm short of ideas for SQI, we're going to visit the decades. One decade a week for a while. Or till we get tired of looking back. Or another idea comes along. So here you are, transported back to 1970-1979 or there about:


Cruising Down “The Boulevard” of the San Fernando Valley During the 1970s - Feature Shoot

Vintage Hallmark Betsey Clark 1975 Date Book Clean & Crisp with no writing.

Nine Lives Bazaar on Instagram: “🔸🔶Our girl @kat_youngberry rocking our Zodiac jumpsuit and camouflaging with the dreamiest 70s decor @thetimemachinesjoshuatree 🔶🔸”



We really liked red and orange back then, didn't we? 
Burger King in the 1970s is listed (or ranked) 41 on the list 100 Incredible Vintage Photos


27 Toys That Will Catapult Every Millennial Straight Back Into Their Childhood


#wattpad #random Sorry bitches. Art hoes only. Jk. But actually tho

Fashion 70s Summer 1970s 33 Trendy Ideas




66 Ideas Fashion 70s 1970s Retro For 2019

Vintage Tupperware Yellow Beverage Buddy


This blanket that was permanently draped across the living room sofa. 23 Photos That Prove We All Had The Same Childhood, Just Different Houses

Take a Trip Down Memory Lane | Page 58 of 73 | DoYouRemember?


Now, in 1970 I was only ten years old, so not all of these are part of my memories. I lived a sheltered life. At ten my biggest weekend meant sleeping at my grandparent's house. 

At fifteen it meant an away basketball game, though friends and I loved our radios and started dating. Only three years later I graduated from high school and married. 



SRA Reading Lab, 1970s
In our culture that means I was still sheltered, which was exactly what I needed. So the 1970s was a mixed decade for me, all of my teenage years happened in the 70s, but I was still a bit of a child in lots of ways when 1980 came around.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Oh, dear. I do remember the SRA kits!!