Wednesday, January 22, 2020

CFAL on Sunday

Joyce, who I know from BRMQG
The Contemporary Fiber Artists of Louisiana (CFAL) meeting was a hoot. Other members had attended a fabric dye workshop and brought their pieces to the meeting. They did some fantastic work! 



Glen of Quilts and Dogs blog
 Even now, looking at the photos I wish I'd tagged along. Truthfully though, I do not need another piece of fabric, or another hobby, or even another project idea. The $150 is prohibitive on my new budget. I'll tell you about that on another post. 

In addition to meeting the new officers, I met a few new members. Some, like Stephanie, are folks I know from the Modern Guild, but there are a few other people whose work has peaked my interest.


Wendy Starn, an art quilter from Alexandria

Another of Wendy's pieces


The last two pieces are from someone whose face I did not manage to capture, but I do love the work. As they showed their pieces, each person explained how she created the pattern. Everyone attended the same workshop but the outcome from each is stunningly different.
Suzi gave a fun, quick workshop on Furoshiki, the Japanese art of folding fabric. She demonstrated how to fold large square pieces to create bags, boxes, and holders. 

 There were a few other things, I'm sure, but I was trying to take notes and listen, so I can learn a few things. The people on either side of me were most helpful in explaining things when I got lost. It's such fun to find new friends!


No comments: