Sunday, January 5, 2020

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: 1960

Here are some coincidences for you: just this week Richard and I were noting that we turn 60 this year and we were born in 1960. Tonight I opened blogger to discover (I still don't know how it happened) that I have published--you guessed it--1960 posts. Odd, sure. Gonna let it roll on by? No way!




Immediately I took a screenshot so I could prove it. Ha! But the screenshot was pretty sad as far as being able to see anything. So, I did the unthinkable and enhanced it just a little--enlarged it and turned it into gray scale. Then to make it even easier, I added this big red circle. Cause, you know I don't want you to miss this.



Anyway. 1960 is an important number and not because it's my pin number. (Get that pun.) So, I thought I'd celebrate it. Here's what I found on Pinterest.


John F. Kennedy 1960. - #history #politics



Flinstone Characters and the People who were the Voices


ILLUSTRATED HISTORY: RELIVE THE TIMES: Images Of War, History , WW2: Vietnam War An Impartial View: As Seen By ISHIKAWA BUNYO: Part 2

MLK Quote-- want to make sure I have my kids read this when we talk about the Civil Rights Movement

Image result for 1960 corvette


The Twist ~ Our elders thought all morality was lost when teens began dancing The Twist,,,Chubby Checker on American Bandstand,,,Do you remember?

21 Top Toys of the 1960s - vintagetopia


vintage everyday: Pictures of Cost of Living Sheets in the Past Show How Our Life Have ChangedSears CATALOG - Christmas, 1960 ~~ toys, toy | eBay

Take a look! Vintage View-Master reels and viewers - #vintage #retro #viewmaster #view-master #vintagetoys #toys #oldtoys #classictoys #1970s #1960s #1950s #sightseeing #collectibles #clickamericana

Mini Skirts | Short skirts from the sixties How The Invention Of The Mini Skirt Shook Up The 1960s | Groovy History

TIROS 1, World's 1st Weather Sat. — This Week in Goddard History | NASA

Psycho 1960 PosterThe genius of Alfred Hitchcock






 Thanks for revisiting 1960 with me. Not that I remember it--I was an infant, after all. Here's hoping that you had fun and are inspired to create something 1960-related. Or just anything at all!


2 comments:

Karen S said...

This was fun to look back to 1960. It is surprising what you recognize.

jenclair said...

I do remember it! Well, a lot of it anyway! The Twist, but not the comic book, the Loom, the Flintstones, the Sears Wish Book! The cost of living--Wow!