Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pin It Weekly #108

Because I've seen so many barns, covered bridges and other old structures recently, they've been on my mind.   Really on my mind, meaning that as soon as I was able to start pinning again, it's where I found myself.


Old Naheola Bridge at Pennington, AL (Railroad trestle with drawbridge that was also used for automotive traffic for many years.) ---- For additional details about this old bridge, go to www.ruralswalabama.org/attractions/old-naheola-bridge/.

Abandoned Building - Old Leavenworth Lock and Dam Control Building by danjdavis, via Flickr

Walking from this side over troubled waters to the other side. Safe. Carter Caves State Park ~ Olive Hill, Kentucky
Old Bridge2 - Arhavi, Artvin


Norris Tennessee Mill

Mill Creek Covered Bridge  Thompson Road  Ostrander, Ohio

I Love Railroad tracks and old Bridges.  Taken in Great Falls Montana

Campbell's Covered Bridge  built in 1909 - the only covered bridge in SC near Landrum, SC

A woman by a covered bridge in Fairfield County, Ohio, April, 1940-

A Snake River tributary, Wyoming. #Country #River #Landscape

I want to pin all of the photos that I've taken recently, but I haven't decided whether I want to create yet another board for my own photos or just add to the "water, works" board that I've now edited to include all of the water structures that I've found.  

Just for fun, here are a few of the photos that I took of covered bridges in Ashtabula County, Ohio, while we were on vacation.  

Beginning with the shortest bridge with an 18 foot span...






and ending with the longest bridge.

More pictures of covered bridges on a later date.

No comments: