Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pin It Weekly #105

Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Australia by Scott Sporleder. The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest organically formed structure.

I've developed a few cyber friendships with quilters in Australia. Apparently quilting has really taken there and blogging is part of the deal.  I thought I'd honor them this week with a few pins of places, people and things from Down Under.  Enjoy!


The metropolitan beauty of Sydney Harbour | 34 Reasons Australia Is The Most Beautiful Place On Earth

Uluru, is magical, awe inspiring and sensational to climb.  My son and I climbed the 9kms together in 2011. Very memorable holiday and a "wow" moment in my life!

The Pinnacles, Nambung National Park, Western Australia - Outback Australia inspiration on our blog!

The Olgas, Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory - Outback Australia

Billabong [billabong = a branch of a river forming a backwater or stagnant pool] in outback Western Australia.

The Great Ocean Road, Victoria, #Australia

Ayers Rock, NT, Australia

Perth, Australia

Daintree rainforest

Baltzer Lookout, Blackheath, Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia

Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia.

Jim Jim Falls, Kakadu National Park,Kakadu, Australia:

Kangaro in Australia

See wild Brumby in NSW, Australia on a road trip through the Snowy Mountains

5. The wildlife in the outback was definitely wild. We saw koalas, wallabies, and a lot of snakes. The coolest thing we saw were herds of kangaroos. Our guide told us that they were like deer in the outback; always around, but always keeping their distance.

superb fairy wren  I see these all the time where I live in outback Australia

Emu, The Pinnacles, Namburg National Park, Australia

Melbourne - Australia......Best restaurants in Australia!

One of my favorite cities: Sydney, Australia (the city scores an overall rating of 96.1 out of 100)

Gold Coast, http://www.bloggerme.com.au/states/boonah Australia

Fitzroy Island, Queensland, Australia

DISCLAIMER: Although these beautiful pictures all say they were taken in Australia, there's no way I can guarantee that.  I simply searched Australia (plus --outback, --cities, --animals) on Pinterest to find them, but they may be labeled incorrectly.  In that case I apologize.

Kind regards to my Aussie friends!  Thanks for visiting so often.

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Hi Mary. You are very safe with your selection of pics.I can recognise every one of them. The only one that could be anywhere is the last beach pic, but it does look very much like Queensland, so all good.
We are so lucky to have this amazing scenery!
I enjoyed the tour!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful photos. I hope to visit your corner of the world one day.

-Soma