Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pin It Weekly #109

Having taken Marley to take her dance photos today, I've got ballet on my mind.  I am thrilled that two of the granddaughters have the opportunity to learn dance.  Both are interested and have had a couple of years' training at local dance companies. 

It's something I'd have loved to do as a child, but we simply could not afford such a luxury. So I tried to teach myself ballet by reading a library book and practicing on the front porch, a window sill for a barre.  


The Benefits of Ballet Lessons for Adults  This is it in a nutshell!

I was pretty good for a seven-year with no formal training.  I eventually became light enough on my feet that my parents quit fussing about the jumping around while they napped.  

by Daniel Waschnig. For more images check out http://www.danielwaschnigphotography.at

Eventually, my interests and reading turned to learning other skills: a girl can learn only so much from reading the one library book available, and a two week check-out time limits that.

Eloquent Ballerina Photography - The 'Unseen Beauty' by Dina Johnsen Takes Viewers Behind the Scenes (GALLERY)

Nevertheless, I still love ballet, my lost opportunity.  And the few times that I've had the chance to go to the ballet (whether local recital or world-renown production), I've watched enraptured by the beauty and grace of the dancers, the costumes, the stories they tell.


Artem Ovcharenko and Anna Nikulina (Photo: Irina Lepnyova)

Diana Vishneva and Vladimir Malakhov


Ballet

ballet ballet ballet

Opera!!

Ballet


No comments: