Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Modern Monday

"Math is an Expletive" is almost done!  Binding and label are all that's needed.  Those will be on tomorrow (God willing) and I'll take pictures (God willing and the weather cooperates).  These pictures were taken while the quilt was on the long arm and this afternoon when I showed it at our guild meeting despite that it needs both binding and label.  







I figured out how to write letters and numbers on this quilt so that I could include a few math problems.  Nothing is solved, mind you.  I'm not that good!  This one says, "(x + 3y) 2.  I have two more but all of them have an embossed feel.  

I also used lots of ideas from Leah Day's website.   

             

I highly recommend her work.  She has over 400 different designs on her site.  Of course, it takes time to go through them all, and I haven't done that yet, but one page shows about 20 pictures just like the ones here.  That allows me to look quickly at the designs and pick a couple that I want to try.  Clicking on the link takes you to a page that explains how to recreate it.  Some of them even have video clips.  The designs are arranged in alpha order, design families, and difficulty level.  In other words, it's a very useful site.




That's me in the pink shirt and black pants.  The quilt I'm showing is "Math Is an Expletive."  

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Lovely work with all that gorgeous quilting!

jenclair said...

Beautiful quilting, Mary! I'm envious!