Actually, I've been stuck for a few days. Maybe a week. Okay, maybe two weeks. This photo was taken on Nov. 14, and I was making changes at that time. So, maybe I've been stuck for a while.
The problem, of course, was the confusion of colors and well, the mess. The whole big mess. I don't know what I was thinking. Or what I thought I might accomplish. At any rate, I figured out a couple of things. My way of cleaning one of my messes is to divide and conquer. So that's what I did.
I took all the blocks down and separated them into two distinct sets: one of mostly pastel pieces and one of mostly geometric shapes. Both stacks had a few of everything. But now at least there's a theme to each.
After that, it got much easier. And thank goodness, because before that, it was definitely not easy. By this evening I'd completed the top, pulled together some fabrics for the backing, and loaded the whole thing on the long-arm. And there's more good news! I have enough blocks for another top.
Since I finished the top, I'm linking up with