Thursday, December 3, 2015

Pin It Weekly #130

Betsy McCall Paper dolls- My grandma used to save them for me, they came in the McCall magazine.

Yesterday post included a picture of a fabric collection that reminded me of one of my favorite Pinterest boards, which is all about paper dolls.  I loved playing paper dolls and, since they were relatively cheap, Santa could afford them.  

Played with my paper-dolls for hours, at a time, it seemed. Betsy McCall was just one in a large array you could get. Cutting them out felt like you were the designer, in a way. You were constantly changing their wardrobe for the "appropriate" occasion and weather. Very good private, quiet time for a child.:

I loved playing dress up with the dolls' clothes and really enjoyed making more clothes for them.  I'd trace the outline of the clothes that came with the doll and used the basic outline to embellish new fashions.  

Shirley Temple paper dolls. Using scissors, cut around the dress and be careful not to cut off the white tabs. Place the dress on the cardboard doll and fold the white tabs over the doll to keep in in place.:

75.2757: The Lettie Lane Paper Family: Lettie's Dolls' Party | paper doll | Paper Dolls | Dolls | Online Collections | The Strong:
A few times I forgot to add the tabs (which never really worked) and had to tape tabs on.  Of course, the outcome was a mess, but that didn't seem to matter.

Thanksgiving paper dolls and vintage post cards - Bobe Green - Picasa Webalbum:

i love this paper doll ballerina.. the link to the website contains a printable pdf so you can dress her up at home :) love, love, love xx:

I don't remember this particular ballerina, but I do remember having a ballet themed set, which I especially loved because for a while I wanted to learn ballet.  I can remember sitting on the front porch reading a book on ballet and practicing the stance and movements.  I was much better at making clothes for the ballerina than dancing like her!

Imprimolandia: Paper dolls vintage printable:

Played with my paper-dolls for hours, at a time, it seemed. Betsy McCall was just one in a large array you could get. Cutting them out felt like you were the designer, in a way. You were constantly changing their wardrobe for the "appropriate" occasion and weather. Very good private, quiet time for a child.:

LITTLE BOY BLUE NURSERY  Nursery Rhymes Dressing Dolls, SERIES III:

(⑅ ॣ•͈ᴗ•͈ ॣ) ✄Ruth Marie:

What about you? Do these paper dolls bring memories back?  For more paper, doll memories visit my board. 

1 comment:

Erika said...

I had a lot of paper dolls growing up. I loved playing with them and can't wait till Kennedy is old enough to have some.