Friday, December 11, 2015

Santa's Wardrobe

Thanks to Woman's Day I was able to make these darling little Santa clothes.  In fact, it took me about an hour to cut out the pieces using the PDF patterns and hot glue them together.  

I really wanted the clothes hangers, also, so I spent the extra half hour forming the hangers and gluing the jacket and pants to them. It's important to me that they stay on the hangers since some little hands will be visiting.



The Woman's Day website does give directions for putting the pieces together but I was able to complete the whole ensemble without directions.  

I did have one problem, though: my printer prints only in black and white, so I cut pieces out in the wrong colors.  To solve that problem, I've added letters to the pattern pieces.  I do not plan to use this version to cut out pieces but just to have something to look at so I'll know which colors to use.  


The socks ended up with white toes and heels, but that's not terribly bad.  I also left off the white on the hat, so I'll have to add that this weekend. I struggled with attaching the smaller pieces to the clothes line.


But in the end, I'm really pleased with the outcome.  Now that the pieces are all hanging on the tree, I really like these ornaments. They add a sweet whimsy to all of the ornaments that we've collected over the years.




If you like these, race over to Woman's Day and print out a pattern. In less than two hours you'll have your own set of Santa clothes to hang on your Christmas tree.


Lots of link-ups!
Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

2 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

I'm not seeing the photos in your post, but I saw one of them on the link up. Very cute! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

:-( awwww no photos to be seen. I bet those little clothes are adorable