Friday, June 10, 2016

Lake Huron Lighthouse

Rich and I have been on an extended vacation this week. We've made it to Lake Huron and, my goodness, this is beautiful country! I was wishing I had packed more long pants and warmer tops, but we're managing despite the chill.

Today we even played in the water while at Ocqueoc Falls. Not deep! Not long either! But I worry about poison ivy and wantedto rinse off after traipsing around the woods.

We visited a lovely lighthouse.  (It seems we have a yearning to explore anything we can't find in Louisiana.) This lighthouse allows visitors to climb all the way to the top...so guess what we did. My fear of heights didn't kick in until the downward trek of the spiral stairs. I managed to make quick work of it so there were no panic driven sobs.

In the cellar of the lighthouse there was a display of antique washing machines.  I thought you might appreciate seeing someof the pictures I took. I  can't label or explain them,  but you can figure out how most of them work and appreciate what is available to us today.

 This white one is an ironing machine.



Check out the wooden wringers on these.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kaja said...

It sounds like a great trip -even if you have cold legs!

Mary Marcotte said...

Oh, Kaja, believe me, it's colder than I expected. It didn't seem necessary to pack coats back home in 95 degree weather, but I regret not thinking about it.

LA Paylor said...

wish I was there!
LeeAnna

Karen S said...

What a lovely location. The lighthouse looks like it has a fascinating display.