Friday, June 3, 2016

quilt top finish!

Yes, a surprise finish! Not much to say about this one: it's a scrap quilt that I started with no goal or plan.

That changed after I had the majority of blocks completed.


I wondered about ways to change them so that this quilt wouldn't look too much like the last scrap quilt. Of course I liked it, but this one needed a new direction. So I cut straps of lime and then did the unthinkable--slashed into soinme of the blocks and stitched in the lime. Much better! 


The neutrals ground those crazy blocks, and boy did they need it! If you look closely, you'll see that my slashing is a bit haphazard. The lime green lines go in every direction.  But I hope that they are fun and different and out of the ordinary. 


And so that you can see how old we've become, I'm adding a photo of our hands  (mine and Richard's) in our usual way of traveling. Don't mind Cotton: he thinks it's his resting place. 

2 comments:

Kris said...

I love improv and I really like the bit of lime!!!

Kaja said...

What a beautiful photo - one image can say so much.

I'm a big fan of slashing when something isn't working. After all, what's the worst that can happen?