Friday, June 24, 2016

Wildflowers and Weeds -- pt 2

Once I realized how many pictures I've taken of the wildflowers along the road and in the parks we've been to, I decided to divide them into two groups. Not that they are really grouped, mostly there are too many for one post. And I got tired of searching for them all. So here are the rest...or at least those that I could find. Enjoy!

It was Richard's idea to take this picture of a pine tree. Neither of us had ever seen this on a pine tree. I had to do a bit of research, but it turns out this is the male organ that produces gametophytes (pollen) in gymnosperms, or pine trees.
#marcottestakegreatlakes

#marcottestakegreatlakes


#marcottestakegreatlakes

#marcottestakegreatlakes

#marcottestakegreatlakes


We happened to go to Mackinac Island on the Sunday and last day of the annual lilac festival.  How lucky can you get, right? We spent our day taking in the beautiful architecture, smelling the lilacs, and seeing the more famous sights. I will write a post just on Mackinac Island later, but here are a few lilac photos to tease you.

#marcottestakegreatlakes

#marcottestakegreatlakes



Oh, by the way, the peonies that I included in yesterday's post (aren't they perfect?) were at St. Anne's Church on Mackinac Island. 


#marcottestakegreatlakes
Update 6.24.2015: Apparently the easiest way of dropping photos into Blogger doesn't necessarily work for me. I've had to download pictures, reduce the size then upload them into the Blogger platform. It's all very complicated and confusing, which means that now the photos are all mixed up both in my head and in my posts. I'm stopping now while there are still photos. I apologize in advance if some are duplicated in the posts or if some are just missing altogether. I may have eaten them by now. :-)

1 comment:

Kaja said...

It's all so pretty. I can't stop once I start photographing flowers either (and I'm pretty poor at discriminating between flowers and pretty weeds too)