Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: C A N D Y

Happy Valentine's Day! I thought we might find some inspiration from the candy that sweethearts tend to rely on as the perfect gift. I hope my sweetheart brings me one of these: 

A detailed, scrumptious look at the chocolates in Whitman's Sampler back on 1955.
maybe one of you could give him a call and tell him.  Be specific. Say, "Go to Walmart and buy a Whitman's sampler for Mary for Valentine's Day. No other kind. Whitman's. Just Whitman's." Then write it on a piece of paper and hand it to him. Yes, it's like that.

This was a tradition at our house at Christmas.  It still is today.  Whitman’s Chocolate Candy Ad Bob Hope (1950):

Forget that I told him what I'd like. Then I told him what I want. Your job is to remind him that it's Valentine's Day and what, exactly, I want for a gift.

people in 1944 kissed like this over CHOCOLATES.  ah...it was a simpler time.:

WWII War Valentine's Day Ad/  Whitmans Candy by mamiezvintage, $12.00:

How to create a candy bouquet arrangement. This DIY gift is great for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Graduation, and it makes a great Father's Day gift. Tutorial found at The Bewitchin' Kitchen: Valentine's Day Sweet Treats | Easy edible craft for almost any holiday or party theme! Maybe favors?:

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and although I don’t subscribe to the idea that we should show affection one day out of the year, I do LOVE the Valentine candy, heart shapes …:

The Safety Cat is a self-defense, personal protection tool designed mainly for women. It is made out of very strong aircraft aluminum and unlike similar products made of plastic, provides more durabil                                                                                                                                                                                 More

Candy Bouquet in a mug: Mixed Box Candy Bouquet – Bella Grace Boutique Inc

And as always, quilts in the theme...

Such a cute Valentine quilt.  Simple to make, even without a pattern.  This will make good use of scraps from Moda French General Rouennieries quilt fabrics.:

Chocolate Dipped Quilts: XOXO Valentine Quilt - my girl would like a purple background with bright red x & O's!:

Twisting Heart Valentine Quilt:

Red/white heart quilt - just love it!!! @Renee Peterson Peterson Peterson Peterson I*heart*paper:

Log Cabin Valentines Quilt--I love handmade quilts!! I wish I had time to make something like this, it is amazing!:

Plaid valentine quilt by Marjo (The Netherlands). MBW quilts en andere stofzaken: februari 2012:
Kim Schaefer –– Charming Wall Quilts All Year 'Round! • 12 seasonal wall quilt projects • Quick and easy-make one for yourself and more for gifts • Transferring appliqué designs is a snap with this ha







Splendid Sampler Block 3 by Dianna Alger.:

Patchwork Heart Quilt Blocks: LOVE this! Could see intermixing blocks of these with heart blocks and  such for a Valentine quilt.







I wrote this tutorial last year for Ucreate, and decided this year to share the whole thing on my own blog for the first time. This throw pillow can be made any size or shape your heart desires and comes together very quickly. Supplies needed:  WonderUnder or HeatNBond – enough to trace 5 hearts Scraps …:

My Valentine Quilt ... by FN | Quilting Pattern. @Becky Hui Chan w.:

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. May you get your favorite candy and lots of it!

2 comments:

Preeti said...

Chocolate is good, especially if it is dark with a touch of sea salt. My perfect gift is a Gift Card to the Spa!!!
Wishing you lots of love on Valentine's Day and the whole year through.

Kaja said...

I've been thinking about heart quilts, though I do this from time to time and so far it hasn't resulted in anything. I really like the one here made from sort of pinwheel-y blocks so that it has jagged edges - that's clever.