Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Celebrate!

Wide awake and looking
for a bottle from DeeDee.
Our youngest son celebrates a birthday today. He is 33 now. The middlin one will be 35 in two weeks and the oldest makes 38 in July just a few days before our 39th anniversary. And somewhere in all that celebrating I get to retire. Lots of changes for us, but by the grace of God, all good changes.

And of course, there's this little addition to the family. She came for a visit last night so I could help mommy with a little English homework. Good thing I've read Hamlet


 I enjoyed holding her, giving her a bottle, burping her. It's always wonderful to have a baby in my arms. Of course, in no time I had her sleeping. How sweet is this?

While there may be lots of celebrating, and with it much stress, there's also many opportunities to relax and spend time with each other. One way we're doing that is to visit with my sisters this weekend when we go camping at a nearby campground. We take turns cooking meals for whomever shows up. 

Everyone in my family is invited...my seven sisters, their children and grandchildren, and usually a few friends who show up. Sometimes those friends are significant others to a niece or nephew. Sometimes they are young friends to the preteens and younger children.

Marley hiding so I don't know
who ate my pear.
I am really looking forward to this family gathering. It's always fun and energetic and a great way to connect with the family that I don't get to see very often.  Richard and I are sharing a double campsite with our oldest, so Amelia will be right next door all weekend. I plan to set up my hammock and rock her. She loves to nap with her DeeDee. 

What are your Mother's Day plans? Are you lucky enough to be able to spend time with your family?

2 comments:

Karen S said...

You do have a busy time ahead. And as you say, all very enjoyable.
Have a wonderful time camping.

Kaja said...

It's not Mother's Day here (it was back in March) but I hope you have a wonderful time. Your plans certainly sound good.